Sunday, May 25, 2008

Surviving the first week with Twins and their big brothers!



Mikey and Lily 1 week old




Well, the babies are now 9 days old and we have been home for 5 nights. The first 2 nights were not so bad getting use to waking up and feeding 2 babies. Eddie has been wonderful in assisting with the feedings. I am starting to finally heal it doesn't hurt nearly as bad to get out of the bed for every feeding. We feed the babies change them and put them back to sleep. I usually pump at least once during the night to help build my milk supply which I will have to say is not going so well. It is a bit difficult to feed & change 2 babies and pump on top of that. I am trying my hardest and will work to my short term goal. Both babies are not latching on and plus they are so tiny and get tired so fast nursing when I do get them on. The past two nights have been wonderful with the feedings. Eddie and I really are getting the hang of it. We will have to start some modifications because Eddie will be going back to work on Tuesday and he will need some rest. So I am thinking that I will do the 2 am feeding on my own so he can get a 6 hour stretch of sleep. That is what he usually gets anyway because before the babies he was waking at 4:30am to head to the gym to work out before work so things won't be to bad for him now other than those early morning work outs won't be happening for awhile.

I will have to say we are so lucky because both babies are very happy and content for the most part. Lily is such the little girl and doesn't like to be dirty and Mikey is just and Angel that sleeps so peacefully. The boys are loving their new siblings. Carter is constantly saying "Mom I love your beautiful tiny babies" and I constantly reminding him that the babies are his too. Chase is now wanting to hold the babies mostly Lily. I think he knows what it is like to have a brother now he has a little sister to watch out for. Both of the big brothers are adjusting great to our new additions.

Eddie and I know how lucky and how blessed we are to have gotten pregnant naturally with twins and to have them both born healthy. We are defiantly counting out blessings every night.


Love,
Laura

No comments: