Saturday, August 23, 2008

Finally an update!

*** Get Well Mr. C!! We are praying that your fever leaves you quickly!!****


Okay I will have to say that I am a bit behind in posting new pics and happenings of our household. This week was the last week that I was able to spend with my MSC ( Many Small children) Thanks Mck Mama! Chase will be starting the first Grade on Monday. Did you read that ! The first Grade!! Wow! Where has the time gone. Thursday I spent most of my day browsing through old pictures of my sweet love bug. You can really see how much he has grown and if a comment like " Just relax Mom " isn't proof enough that he is growing up then what is? I love it and hate it at the same time. The little baby that Eddie and I so longed for has grown up so quickly and though I do have others that will go through the same first days I think each one will be just as special.

I guess I am just one of those moms. I guess most of it comes from me staying home with him for the past 6 years and along came the other blessings. There is something about having to send your kids away to school daily. I know it is good for them but there is something to be said about always having them with you to watch them grow and experience new things. SO this week was extra special and this weekend has been even more special with all of us together as a family.

So this week was the first week we didn't visit the Dr.'s office!! Yeah!! But the Dr. did call to check on us all. Thanks Dr. T! You are awesome.

We had a visitor form New Mexico. Mrs. D and her beautiful girls cam for dinner on Wednesday. Eddie and I worked with her at Chase bank many years ago. Our visit was so nice.

We met Chase's new teacher this Friday and we really like her. I have only heard great things about Mrs. L. We are looking forward to a wonderful year.

Carter doesn't start until the next week so at least I have 1 more week with him. Luckily he will only be attending Preschool 3 days a week and reading class one day a week. So I will still have this year with him until I have to send him to Kindergarten.
So the twins and I will get lots of time alone.

So another highlight of my week is the number of people that I do not know and how they make so many comments about the twins and then they see my other two and freak out. I have heard it all.

Total stranger "If I had twins I would kill myself."
Cashier at Sam's "Oh gosh ...Good thing school starts next week."
Well actually only one goes to school and the other will start preschool 3 days a week the following week but you know... God only gives you what you can handle. Cashier "Yeah , your right!"

The nerve of some people.

I need a shirt that says...
Yes, I have 4 kids.
Good thing they are mine and not yours
Yes, We know how much college is going to cost.
And Yes! We are Blessed!!

I guess this week just has been a little more difficult than most. I guess when you go out in public with 4 kids you will get some crazy comments and questions.

Well Check back tomorrow when I finally upload pics of our week.

So to all of the moms having kids starting Kindergarten next week. Good Luck!! They will do awesome and they will learn so much!!

I actually have 2 friends with twins starting at Robison on Monday.
Good Luck and happy first day of school!!


Pics tomorrow I promise!!

No comments: