Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A sneak peek

So, I am finally posting a sneak peek of the babies in their Baptism outfits. I have waited my whole life to pass down my Baptismal gown to a daughter and I finally got my chance.
Lily is pictured in my gown which consisted of a slip, gown and cape along with a bonnet and new ruffle socks and beautiful booties. Mikey was able to wear a keepsake passed down from his great grandmother "Lillian" the same gown his Grandfather wore when he was Baptized in the Catholic church. His outfit was just a slip, gown and ruffle bonnet along with new socks and booties.
The day was already destined to be special but did not go without its mishaps. Of course after these photos were taken my batteries died in my camera. I had them ready but forgot to grab them in the chaos of loading up 4 dressed children to make it to the church on time. So I am collecting other photos from my moms and sister's camera so I can post more. The good ones of the babies having the holy water poured over there heads are certainly ones that I would like to share with all.
The great joy that I felt during the whole ceremony was certainly overwhelming. The thoughts of how Eddie and I have been truly blessed with Lily & Mikey and how they were born healthy. That in itself is something to be grateful for. There are so many that have to leave the hospital without their twins and some babies that never make it home . Daily I am able to see the true meaning of faith and praise God for the gifts he has given us.
Keep checking back for my update on the pics and certainly more thought on the Baptism.
-Laura



Mikey with Godmother Linda getting assistance from Mrs. P
Mikey looks like a beautiful doll!

Another of Mikey and Linda before the ceremony w/Mrs. K & Mr. C looking on.
Okay so this is not the best photo of my mom and Lily b/c Lily has the big green paci in her mouth .

No comments: