Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Colic Anyone?

The title says it all. Lily Kate has colic. Over the past week there have been many episodes of crying at night during the day etc. So I finally called the Dr. and took her in on Monday. Yes, I was at the Doctors office w/2 different kids in the same day. Thank goodness for my mom who has been a great help with the others while I am busy. SO, back to Lily she has colic and there is nothing we can do for her except pray that it passes quickly. she needs to be held all of the time or she cries basically that is the routine hold her or tolerate the crying. Poor Mikey is such a good baby that I am able to care for Lily and her immediate needs right now. My mom comes over and helps hold Mikey or Lily so I can get that one on one time with Mikey again my mom is a Saint in my book. The boys have even noticed that Lily cries a lot and it makes them sad they want to help but can't just like mom and dad. So for the time being we will do our best to get through this tough time and hopefully is will pass quickly. On the up side Lily slept 5 hours last night and Mikey slept 4 so we are getting there. My goal for them is to sleep 6 hours straight in the next month.

Oh I forgot to tell you that Lily weighed in at 8lbs. 6 ozs. Almost doubling her discharge weight in 5 weeks. So I am guessing Mikey is almost 10lbs. Can you believe how fast they are growing? Below are pics of the two of them w/ there big pacifiers in there mouths. They won't take anything else at this point so I guess I will have to deal with the ugly pacifiers.

Lily
Mikey
Lily & Mikey watching there crib toy before bed.
Mikey & Lily chillin' out on moms bed.

Laura

No comments: